Having a list of prospective customers is only the first step in generating solid home building leads. It doesn’t mean you’re going to get business from all of them. And unless you have a good lead follow up process or the time and resources to spend following up on every single one, your conversion rate is likely to be low-to-nothing. Few customers come to you by themselves, without any help from you. So what do you do if you’re a home renovation contractor with a few laborers and even fewer admin and sales staff? Automate your follow ups.
What Is Marketing Automation
Marketing “automation” is more than just sending out email marketing newsletters every month. Sure, that’s a useful way to drive traffic to your website and get people to read your content if they missed it at the time of publishing, but it can do much more than that. By using software developed specifically for managing customer relationships, you can maintain regular communications with your prospective clients, send them special offers and promotions and track what they’re interested in and what they’re ignoring.
[Related: Website Lead Generation for Remodelers]
How Marketing Automation Works
Marketing automation works to boost home building leads by:
- integrating email marketing with website lead generation offers,
- collecting information from prospective clients using landing pages and online forms
- scoring leads based on the various criteria so you know which ones are “hotter” than others
- tracking the activity of your prospects so you know who to follow up with and when
- freeing up your time to focus on warm leads while you nurture cooler ones through email
- generating reports that help you to analyze which marketing efforts are delivering the best results in terms of new business.
Implementing a Marketing Automation Program
Setting up a marketing automation program to deliver home building leads for your company can be done in several ways. You can use CRM software available from companies such as HubSpot or Salesforce, but you’ll need to undergo some training in how to set it up and work with it. You can use free programs such as Leadsius or Sales Autopilot, but if you want the advanced functionality you’ll be required to upgrade to the paid version. You can DIY, which usually means a manual system involving creating emails and maintaining spreadsheets. It’s doable, but labor- and admin-intensive and the reporting might not be perfect. Or you can outsource to a marketing agency that offers comprehensive inbound marketing services.
Results You Can Expect From Marketing Automation
So, what results are you likely to see and how long will they take? That depends on issues such as:
- How often you post fresh content on your website
- Whether you maintain active social media profiles
- If you come up with enticing offers to send out with your marketing communications
- Whether you monitor your sales funnel and follow up on your warm leads
Watch the video below to better understand the different types of leads you'll find in your business and how you can best nurture each lead to become customers.
Marketing automation can help you to generate and even nurture solid home building leads, but it can’t provide estimates and proposals for you. Only you can do that part. You have to utilize your tools, including marketing automation if you're going to get the most out of them and land the most deals.