Our annual State of Home Builder Marketing Report is now available for download and we’ve taken some top insights to help you on your marketing journey.The full report features highlighted key findings and our own expert opinions on best practices for home builders. We hope this free report will allow you to gain knowledge and inspiration on marketing practices you can implement to sell more homes this year. Download the full report.
Home Builder Marketing Priorities
1. 63% of home builders say converting leads to customers was their company’s top marketing priority over the next 12 months.
2. 30% of home builders said their organization’s marketing strategy is NOT effective.
Home Builder ROI & Analytics
3. 66.67% of home builders said inbound marketing has given their organization a higher ROI.
4. 34.38% of home builder marketing managers look at their analytics once a week.
5. 58.62% of home builders don’t actively check and document their marketing ROI
6. 64.52% of home builders said they generated 1-10 leads from their website each month.
Home Builder Marketing Budgets
7. 54.84% of home builders’ marketing budget increased in 2018 from 2017.
8. 87.87% of home builders said their company’s current budget for inbound marketing stayed the same or higher compared to last year.
9. 48.72% of home builders plan to spend less than $25,000 on marketing over the next 12 months.
Home Builder Content
10. 60.61% of home builders said their company’s top inbound marketing priority was growing SEO and organic presence.
11. Only 35.48% of home builders blog regularly.
12. Only 25.81% of home builders post to social media several times a week.
13. 37.5% of home builders think paid advertising (print, outdoor, broadcast) is the most overrated marketing tactic.
14. 40.63% of home builders plan to add Facebook Video and Instagram to their marketing efforts in the next 12 months.
Home Builder Marketing Strategy
15. 84.85% of home builders primary approach to marketing is inbound practices.
16. 63.64% of home builders said inbound practices provide the highest quality leads for their sales team.
17. Only 20.69% of home builders use a marketing automation software.
18. 25% of home builders said their biggest impediment to the adoption of inbound marketing at their company was that it is difficult to measure.
Home Builder Sales
19. 46.88% of home builders said their company’s top sales priority this year is to increase sales.
20. Only 20.69% of home builders use automatic email as part of their sales tools.
21. 48.39% of home builders said the biggest sales challenge at their company is closing leads.
22. Concurrently 34.48% of home builders said the most challenging part of the sales process is closing the sale.
Home Builder CRM & Sales Technology
23. 37.93% of home builders don’t use a CRM system.
24. 41.38% of home builders use Wordpress to host their website.
25. 27.59% of home builders say their biggest CRM challenge is under usage.
Make your marketing priorities a priority. If you’re having trouble or challenges with your top priorities, get help! By keeping your priorities number one, you’ll find that reaching your goals becomes easier.
We hope you’ll follow along and continue to learn what we discover over the next year. Subscribe to our podcast to get the most up to date information and stay tuned here on our blog for more home builder marketing best practices.