Your level of customer service can be the deciding factor for many potential customers that are looking to build or remodel their homes. If you have several poor reviews on Google, Facebook, and other review sites, chances are your potential customers are going to go with a competitor with a collection of 5-star reviews. Can you really blame them? Building or remodeling a home is a major investment, so it is important that your customers feel valued.
So how do you make your customers feel valued? Always provide outstanding customer service. Even if you have several bad reviews, you can start turning things around by focusing on the level of customer service your team provides.
What Can You Do to Improve Customer Service?
There are many things that you can do to improve your customer service. To start, look at the negative reviews that you have received and see if there are any common issues. If so, think about what you can do so that your current and potential customers won’t have the same experience. For example, if your customer reviews point out an issue with inaccurate project timelines, you may want to consider:
- What is your process for coming up with project timelines?
- Are you giving your crew a proper amount of time to complete the projects?
- Should the timeline be extended depending on the size and details of the projects?
- What can you can do to ensure that construction stays on track?
After asking yourself those questions, you may find that you need to make some adjustments to your process. This is important because it can increase your customers’ happiness which will result in great customer reviews!
Maybe the issue isn’t with your process. If you have received complaints about your employees’ communication with customers, you may need to consider:
- Do your employees demonstrate patience and empathy when handling customers?
- Are they knowledgeable of the services that you offer?
- Do they respond to customers in a timely manner?
- Are they able to defuse situations or handle surprises?
- Do they use positive language when communicating with customers?
- Should I train my current and future employees on the level of customer service I expect?
After asking those questions, consider conducting some customer service training for your staff to ensure that they know what your expectations are and how to meet them. This will help you to improve your customer service and potentially increase your ratings on Google and other sites.
Customer Service Can Give You a Competitive Edge
By providing your current and potential customers with excellent service, you'll be able to become a top competitor in your area. Not only will you see more 5 star reviews, but you'll start getting referrals from home owners that enjoyed working with your team. If they love their new home or remodel, they are likely going to share their experience with family, friends, and co-workers that may end up needing your services in the future. After a while, when people think about building a new home or remodeling their current home, your company will come to mind first because of the reputation that you've built.
What have you done to improve the customer service in your home building or remodeling company? Comment below!