As a homebuilder your website is one of the most powerful marketing tools at your disposal. It’s fast, it’s relatively inexpensive, and it can be incredibly efficient at helping you generate leads for your business.
You know the old adage: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” When it comes to a builder’s website, however, you may not even know that it’s broken. Maybe it looks great. Perhaps it’s fast. Maybe all the parts work properly. You might even have won an award for your website’s design.
Here’s the real question: Is it working? Is your website generating qualified leads that you can follow up on? Can you track leads—and even sales—back to your website? If those things aren’t happening, your website is broken. And that’s a terrible thing because the Internet it where most people begin their search for a new home.
How can you fix a terrible (broken) website? First of all, you need to find out if it’s broken or not. Unfortunately a lot of homebuilders don’t really know. Here are some tips that will help you determine whether or not your site is working.
- Are Prospects Finding You?How many visitors are you getting to your website? Are people even looking? If they do end up there, do you know how they found you?
- How Does Your Site Stack Up Against the Competition? What do your competitors’ sites look like? If you do an online search, does your site come up at the top of the list—or is your competitor getting all the attention?
- Is Your Site Easy to Use? Is it clear to visitors how to find the information they’re after? Do all the links work? Does it really capture what your company brings to the table that’s different?Here’s a look at some amazing features you can add to your site to make it easier—and more helpful to use.
- Are Your Prospects Interacting With You? How much time are visitors spending on your site? What are they looking at? Are they digging into the information you have or are they hitting your home page and then leaving? You need to know who these visitors are and you have to have a way of reaching out to them.
- Is Your Site Generating Leads? I know I mentioned this already, but this is absolutely essential. Your website should be generating contact information (names and email addresses) of people who have indicated that they are interested in hearing more.
You builder website needs to be more than a pretty online brochure that shows pictures of homes you’ve built. It needs to be a tool that helps people reach out to you—and it needs to give you the means to connect with people who are interested in your skills and capabilities.
If you don’t know the answers to those questions you’re not alone. A lot of builders don’t have a good handle on that information. But if you don’t know what’s wrong, you can’t fix it. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be that way.
This is exactly why we offer free inbound marketing assessments for builders and remodelers. We analyze your current website set-up and offer tips on how you can improve traffic on your site. We provide specific steps you can take to generate more leads. What do we get out of it? It’s a chance for us to determine if your business and ours are a good fit. If they are, we can move to the next step. If not, we part as friends. Either way, you walk away with helpful information you can use. Click here to check it out.
Your site may not be terrible, but it may not be generating the kind of results you need. Before you can fix it, you need to discover what’s working and what’s not.