What are the new trends in home remodeler marketing? In order to best know how to market a remodeling business, it’s good to know what the other guys are doing.
To answer all your questions, the new State of Remodeler Marketing Report for 2020 is now live!
Download the full report to read all of the unlisted stats and answers and get the full low-down on the current state of marketing and sales in the home remodeling industry.
Here are some of the most interesting stats to help you evaluate your own marketing and sales goals this year.
Home Remodeler Marketing Priorities & Challenges
1. 69% of home remodelers said converting leads to customers was one of their top marketing priorities for the next 12 months. 55% of those surveyed also said growing traffic to their website was a top priority.
2. 53% said generating traffic and leads was their top marketing challenge. Another 35% said that they struggle to identify the right technologies for their needs
3. About 60% of home remodelers felt their organization’s marketing strategy was effective — 40% said not so much.
4. When asked what their primary approach to marketing was, about 27% of home remodelers surveyed said they did not know. 54%, on the other hand, said inbound marketing.
5. 66% of people who primarily conduct inbound marketing think their marketing strategy is effective while only 19% of those who primarily conduct outbound marketing say their strategy is effective.
Home Remodeler ROI & Analytics
6. Between inbound marketing and outbound marketing, 38% of those surveyed said inbound marketing gives them higher ROI, as opposed to 6.5% who said outbound marketing does.
7. Another 54% of those surveyed said they do not calculate ROI or simply do not know.8. 14% say they check their analytics weekly, but 34% say they only check once per month. Another 25% say they do not track marketing analytics at all.
9. The majority of those who don’t know their primary approach to marketing generate 0 leads per month from their website. A whole 14% of those surveyed said their website does not generate any leads.
Home Remodeler Content and Strategy
10. 84% say they use social media in their marketing, with about 51% planning to use Instagram as one of their platforms.
11. More than half of those surveyed said growing their SEO strategy and creating blog content was a top priority for the next 12 months. On the cutting edge, 4% said podcasts.
12. 31% say they post to social media several times per week.
13. 41% of survey respondents report that they never blog, while 21% say they blog very frequently.
14. 32% of those surveyed said they would use Youtube in their marketing in the next 12 months. Over half said they would use Instagram.
15. About 38% of those surveyed said they thought paid advertising was the most overrated marketing tactic.
Home Remodeler Sales and CRMs
16. 51% of those surveyed said inbound marketing practices provided the highest quality leads for their sales team.
17. 34% of home remodelers said their top sales priority for the year was increasing the number of sales. 28% said they were looking to increase the average price of each sale.
18. About 40% of those surveyed said qualifying leads was their biggest sales challenge.
19. 30% of those surveyed said their biggest challenge was closing leads and following up with leads they have already contacted.
20. About 21% of those surveyed said they do not use a CRM system at their company.
21. The biggest CRM challenge those surveyed have is under-usage, with 32% claiming to have this issue.
22. 19% of those surveyed said lack of integration is their biggest CRM challenge.
It is important to stay on top of trends and see what competitors are doing in your industry. We hope these facts and statistics will help you generate some new marketing ideas for your home remodeling business.
For more stats, key takeaways, and our advice on what and where home remodelers should be spending their time, money and efforts, download the full 2020 State of Remodeler Marketing Report.