According to the Center for Disease Control, construction has the highest suicide rate of all industries, at 53.2 suicides per 100,000 workers. That's about four times greater than the national average. If you or someone you know is struggling, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline. It's ok to ask for help! In this week’s episode, Spencer is joined by a fellow teammate, Malachi Price, Marketing Consultant at Builder Funnel, to discuss the importance of Movember, a charity that focuses on advocacy for men's mental health.
This cause is near-and-dear to all of our hearts at Builder Funnel. This year we decided to make raising money and awareness a little more interesting with an internal competition! Find out how!
In Memoriam: Marvin King 1990-2021
Learn all about it here on Builder Funnel Radio!
- 0:38 Introduction
- 1:47 What Is Movember?
- 3:37 What Are We Supporting?
- 7:42 Why Is This Important To Malachi?
- 11:40 How Are We Getting Involved This Year?
- 13:39 Let's Challenge Ourselves
- 14:33 Three-Wing Competition
- 15:50 Who Will Grow The Better Mustache?
- 16:58 Reach Out To Your Loved Ones
- 18:16 Final Thoughts
- Ep. 116: Supporting Men's Health in Residential Construction
- Mal Will Grow the Better Mustache: Donate To Team 1
- Spencer Will Grow the Better Mustache: Donate to Team 2
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- SAMHSA National Helpline