Starting a remodeling, contracting, or home building business is challenging! Kyle Hunt from Remodelers on the Rise joins Spencer in this episode to share some advice about the first things you should do when starting a business, and the things you should avoid. Check out this episode to hear more about the importance of understanding your numbers, solidifying your sales process, figuring out who you should hire first, doing fun things for your clients, and more!
Learn all about it here on Builder Funnel Radio!
- 0:38 Introduction
- 3:46 If you are starting a remodeling business today, what are the first things you should do?
- 5:08 Understanding your numbers
- 7:34 The sales process
- 8:50 How to learn to do the first steps of starting your business
- 11:30 What should people be doing for marketing when first starting?
- 14:51 Creating Content
- 19:42 What should people avoid when starting a contracting business?
- 21:56 Think about who to hire first as an employee
- 22:58 What role should your first employee be hired for?
- 26:54 Quick tangent chat
- 29:57 Do fun things
- 31:11 Reasonable goals for starting revenue
- 36:58 Fast Five
- 39:56 Takeaways
- Remodelers on the Rise
- Remodelers Community
- Ep. 6 Sales Tips for Remodelers w/ Kyle Hunt
- Episode 14: Perfecting Your Sales Follow-up Process w/ Kyle Hunt
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- Profit First for Contractors by Shawn Van Dyke
- The Sandler Rules by David Mattson
- Sales Mastery for Remodelers & Custom Builders w/ Bryan Kaplan
- Mark Up and Profit by Michael C. Stone
- Duct Tape Marketing by John Jantsch