It's a mixed bag of construction industry news as we head into another week amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Taylor breaks down the new guidance from OSHA regarding COVID-19 cases on job sites, and the latest on the Paycheck Protection Program. Plus- is the housing market overvalued?
Listen to the entire episode below on SoundCloud.
At a Glance
OSHA has released new guidance regarding logging COVID-19 cases on the job site
- The construction industry represented nearly 14% of the SBA's PPP program
- A home builder in California sells an entire section of community entirely online
- 7 Tips for Remodelers During a Recession [Plus: 10 Marketing Tasks to Start Now]
- Take The Construction Cut Listener Survey
- Beaverton man accused in $65 million alleged tax evasion scheme involving construction companies
- OSHA National News Release: U.S. Department of Labor Issues Enforcement Guidance For Recording Cases of COVID-19
- COVID-19 in Austin, Texas: Epidemiological Assessment of Construction Work
- Mayor Adler worries about east Austin becoming COVID-19 hotspot due to continuing construction
- ‘Unprecedented’: Builder Sells Homes Virtually
- Construction Tops Industries in Paycheck Protection Loan Volume
- Home price gains keep shrinking, but housing is still overpriced
- Another U.S.-Wide Housing Slump Is Coming