In this episode, Wes & Brooks Powell discuss the differentiation between decision making for both Majority and Minority partnerships and how to be successful in either role. Whether you are involved in a majority partnership or a minority partnership to be successful, it is important to be educated, show up, do your research, get input, receive input, and realize the different viewpoints of others.
Listen to the latest episode of BFR to find out how you can get aligned with your fellow owners!
- 2:08 Introduction
- 7:55 How to Make Decisions with Shared Family Assets
- 8:49 Intro to Majority and Minority Partnerships
- 9:55 Majority (50/50) Partnership Example
- 19:47 Minority Partnership Example
- 25:25 Minority Shareholder Potential Risk
- 29:25 Minority Ownership Key Points
- 34:35 Majority Ownership Key Points
- 38:39 Importance of Self Awareness
- 40:06 Money Resources
- 43:25 Takeaways
Show Sponsor: BuildBook
BuildBook is a 24/7 client communication platform for construction.
Social-media style messaging tools. Simple photo sharing and doc management. Task tracking for everything that matters. All in a delightfully simple app helping builders impress their clients and win better jobs.
If you're looking for an easy-to-use tool that gives you an unfair advantage versus your competition, go start a free trial of BuildBook right now.